Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dear IRS


Dear IRS

Thank you for the letter to inform me that I owe you an additional $120.69.  Your letter states that if I disagree I should notify you.  Obviously, I disagree.  Otherwise I would have paid the extra $120.69 in the first place.  This is much like the fact that the state of Oregon only sent me a check for $69 instead of $200-something that I expected as a refund.  Had they sent me what they should have, I could now be sending you what you want. But they did not.  Maybe you can ask them to send it to you and we will call it good.

I could probably redo all the paperwork to show you why I believe I don’t owe you any more money, but that seems like a futile waste of time.  I already did the paper work once and this was the result.  I highly doubt that anything I have to say on the matter will persuade you otherwise, much like the fact that I can’t persuade the government to spend the money I pay in taxes toward reasonable ends.  

The one thing I can tell you that you shouldn’t be able to refute is that a three-week notice is not really sufficient to pay off that amount.  See, another branch of the government, which lends money to poor people and students, has me in a cesspool of debt which continues to rise daily.  And, well, you have the records of how much money I made last year…   What if someone asked you to give all the money you make to fund ridiculous, overinflated enterprises that you don’t approve of?   You’re lucky I pay what I do.  Here is a little bit.  Hope this is satisfactory.  And when I have some extra change I will be sure to send that your way as well. 

Goodbye,
kid yoshida

No comments:

Post a Comment